Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Burner Installation

The thought of using charcoal or wood chips in a smoker constructed of wood makes me nervous. Therefore, I selected a propane burner and use a juice can to contain the smoking chips.

I purchased a "Mini-V" propane burner from Ed at Alabama Metal Products Co. He was very helpful in providing guidance on setting up the burner in a wine barrel smoker.

Alabama Metal Products Gas Smoker Website


















The burner pan came with holes in the bottom to provide combustion air, I simply needed to cut a hole in the bottom of the barrel to accomodate the burner assembly.



















As an additional measure of safety, I lined the bottom of the barrel with sheet metal to reduce risk of fire should a spark or ember escape the juice can and land in the bottom of the barrel.




No comments:

Post a Comment